I'm a GoodReads user testing new waters after the serious website changes. I mostly read fiction, usually Anglophone classics/ modern classics; I like nonfiction (mostly social and cultural history), good fantasy and graphic novels. For guilty pleasure, I read advice and how-to books. I made at least two reading resolutions recently; 1. read less, live more; 2. read books which give me more pleasure. I have poor filters, and books I find stylistically pleasing tend to be depressing, so I need to do something about that; if you think you know a book that is very well written, but won't make me weep, please drop me a line.

The Effortless Life: A Manual for Contentment, Mindfulness, & Flow

The Effortless Life: A Manual for Contentment, Mindfulness, & Flow - Leo Babauta Not much, if you have a high school-level knowledge of buddhism and are prone to reflection every now and then. Also, repetitive (if you know Leo's blog) and virtually impossible to implement if you live in a less clement climate of have a job that you like which requires having contact with people on a regular basis. I liked the bit on giving equal weight to every action, though.

Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald