I'm a GoodReads user testing new waters after the serious website changes. I mostly read fiction, usually Anglophone classics/ modern classics; I like nonfiction (mostly social and cultural history), good fantasy and graphic novels. For guilty pleasure, I read advice and how-to books. I made at least two reading resolutions recently; 1. read less, live more; 2. read books which give me more pleasure. I have poor filters, and books I find stylistically pleasing tend to be depressing, so I need to do something about that; if you think you know a book that is very well written, but won't make me weep, please drop me a line.

At Home with Madame Chic: Becoming a Connoisseur of Daily Life

At Home with Madame Chic: Becoming a Connoisseur of Daily Life - Jennifer Scott The author does for stay at home mums everywhere what teachers who say they work even up to ONE HOUR a day after classes do to teachers who do their work right - that is, not much good. Don't read that before you become a SAHM - it may give you a completely unrealistic vision of the lifestyle.

A nice toolbox of pleasant ideas - hard to implement when you're a SAHM, impossible if you're a working mother.

Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald