I'm a GoodReads user testing new waters after the serious website changes. I mostly read fiction, usually Anglophone classics/ modern classics; I like nonfiction (mostly social and cultural history), good fantasy and graphic novels. For guilty pleasure, I read advice and how-to books. I made at least two reading resolutions recently; 1. read less, live more; 2. read books which give me more pleasure. I have poor filters, and books I find stylistically pleasing tend to be depressing, so I need to do something about that; if you think you know a book that is very well written, but won't make me weep, please drop me a line.

The Artist's Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity

The Artist's Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity - Julia Cameron I've seen this book referenced by [a:Victoria Moran|79557|Victoria Moran|] and [a:Sarah Ban Breathnach|3495853|Sarah Ban Breathnach|], and finally decided to read it at a time when I felt very, very stuck in a very, very major rut. Nothing pleased, I was not capable of looking forward to doing anything. This book really helped. I did not notice any increase in my creativity (that was not the goal), but it was a great incentive to sit down and think about things that could give me pleasure or seem fun to do, to make travel plans - and then to acually start doing things that are on the list.

Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald