I'm a GoodReads user testing new waters after the serious website changes. I mostly read fiction, usually Anglophone classics/ modern classics; I like nonfiction (mostly social and cultural history), good fantasy and graphic novels. For guilty pleasure, I read advice and how-to books. I made at least two reading resolutions recently; 1. read less, live more; 2. read books which give me more pleasure. I have poor filters, and books I find stylistically pleasing tend to be depressing, so I need to do something about that; if you think you know a book that is very well written, but won't make me weep, please drop me a line.

I Feel Bad About My Neck: And Other Thoughts on Being a Woman

I Feel Bad About My Neck: And Other Thoughts on Being a Woman - Nora Ephron I have mixed feelings about this - equally mixed - collection. Some essays are outstandingly good: these are "Moving On", "The Story of My Life in 3,500 Words or Less", and "Considering the Alternative". I appreciated "Serial Monogamy: A Memoir", "Parenting in Three Stages " and "The Lost Strudel or Le Strudel Perdu", and found "Me and JFK: Now It Can Be Told" really amusing. These seven essays made the collection worth reading for me; the remaining eight are shrug-worthy. I think at least some of the essays were published before, and their specific target audience (I mean income group/ place of habitation rather than age, to be precise) might make some of them hard to relate to.

Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald