Bloodorange

I'm a GoodReads user testing new waters after the serious website changes. I mostly read fiction, usually Anglophone classics/ modern classics; I like nonfiction (mostly social and cultural history), good fantasy and graphic novels. For guilty pleasure, I read advice and how-to books. I made at least two reading resolutions recently; 1. read less, live more; 2. read books which give me more pleasure. I have poor filters, and books I find stylistically pleasing tend to be depressing, so I need to do something about that; if you think you know a book that is very well written, but won't make me weep, please drop me a line.

Women, Work & the Art of Savoir Faire: Business Sense & Sensibility

Women, Work & the Art of Savoir Faire: Business Sense & Sensibility - Mireille Guiliano Let's say I read it so that you don't have to. It's a cut above reading career advice in Cosmo. It reads OK, but the content is a) really nothing you wouldn't find everywhere else (other than the writer's emphasis on the importance of good writing skills and good manners in the business environment), b) rather unrelatable in today's economy.

Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald