Bloodorange

I'm a GoodReads user testing new waters after the serious website changes. I mostly read fiction, usually Anglophone classics/ modern classics; I like nonfiction (mostly social and cultural history), good fantasy and graphic novels. For guilty pleasure, I read advice and how-to books. I made at least two reading resolutions recently; 1. read less, live more; 2. read books which give me more pleasure. I have poor filters, and books I find stylistically pleasing tend to be depressing, so I need to do something about that; if you think you know a book that is very well written, but won't make me weep, please drop me a line.

As Consciousness is Harnessed to Flesh: Journals and Notebooks, 1964-1980

As Consciousness is Harnessed to Flesh: Journals and Notebooks, 1964-1980 - Susan Sontag, David Rieff I was fortunate to be reading this along [b:Rapt Attention and the Focused Life|6262510|Rapt Attention and the Focused Life|Winifred Gallagher|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1408920525s/6262510.jpg|6445747]; Sontag's journal is an excellent example of how focus works. Sontag was - or seemed - very effective in directing her attention and _organising her interests into projects and areas for further study_. (She also suffered from severe case of tunnel vision romantically, or so she comes accross). I believe the standard response to this volume is to wish to write more - notes, lists, projects.

Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald