I'm a GoodReads user testing new waters after the serious website changes. I mostly read fiction, usually Anglophone classics/ modern classics; I like nonfiction (mostly social and cultural history), good fantasy and graphic novels. For guilty pleasure, I read advice and how-to books. I made at least two reading resolutions recently; 1. read less, live more; 2. read books which give me more pleasure. I have poor filters, and books I find stylistically pleasing tend to be depressing, so I need to do something about that; if you think you know a book that is very well written, but won't make me weep, please drop me a line.

The One Hundred: A Guide to the Pieces Every Stylish Woman Must Own

The One Hundred: A Guide to the Pieces Every Stylish Woman Must Own - Nina Garcia, Ruben Toledo Impractical and impracticeable outside the States (see shop addresses, specific tips, and represented brands, inaccessible or far more expensive in Europe). Other than that, it is a small, pretentious little book; more of an aspirational shopping list (enumerating iPod, BlackBerry and champagne as classy accessories) than a genuine "user's guide" to style (there are few tips on adapting the 'looks' to different silhouettes or lifestyles).

Polish translation is rather rough around the edges.

Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald