I'm a GoodReads user testing new waters after the serious website changes. I mostly read fiction, usually Anglophone classics/ modern classics; I like nonfiction (mostly social and cultural history), good fantasy and graphic novels. For guilty pleasure, I read advice and how-to books. I made at least two reading resolutions recently; 1. read less, live more; 2. read books which give me more pleasure. I have poor filters, and books I find stylistically pleasing tend to be depressing, so I need to do something about that; if you think you know a book that is very well written, but won't make me weep, please drop me a line.

French Women Don't Sleep Alone: Pleasurable Secrets to Finding Love

French Women Don't Sleep Alone: Pleasurable Secrets to Finding Love - Jamie Cat Callan This is a very quick (and unsubstantial) read, and it's really hard for me to imagine its target audience. While the author repeats , that in France "women of certain age" are still found attractive, and I can recall no tips or assertions considering young women exlusively, the ideas in the book (apart from two sections, on which later) are really basic, and exactly what I recall from teen mags when I was still young and promising;)

Main premises are as follows:

1. French women have their feminine/understated sexy mode 'on' all the time, instead of being relaxed, then pulling out the Big Bombshell Guns, as American women seem to do.
2. French women celebrate everyday, and splurge on good cosmetics.
3. French women wear matching underwear.
4. French women go to cafes to read, by themselves (I swear, this was the DARING thing to do when I was sixteen)
5. French women are discreet and don't do TMI.

Leave that out, and only two sections - on entertaining and meeting men - are actually worth any attention (albeit I find the former highly irritating).

Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald