I'm a GoodReads user testing new waters after the serious website changes. I mostly read fiction, usually Anglophone classics/ modern classics; I like nonfiction (mostly social and cultural history), good fantasy and graphic novels. For guilty pleasure, I read advice and how-to books. I made at least two reading resolutions recently; 1. read less, live more; 2. read books which give me more pleasure. I have poor filters, and books I find stylistically pleasing tend to be depressing, so I need to do something about that; if you think you know a book that is very well written, but won't make me weep, please drop me a line.

Snow White in New York

Snow White in New York - Jacob Grimm, Fiona French I loaned for the illustrations, and, sadly, no illustrations inside compare to the brilliant cover. Also, much as I like the concept of placing the Snow White's story in Jazz Age New York, the stry in this book is very simple, and I think a child old enough to compare it to the original may well be able to appreciate much more challenging storytelling.

Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald