I'm a GoodReads user testing new waters after the serious website changes. I mostly read fiction, usually Anglophone classics/ modern classics; I like nonfiction (mostly social and cultural history), good fantasy and graphic novels. For guilty pleasure, I read advice and how-to books. I made at least two reading resolutions recently; 1. read less, live more; 2. read books which give me more pleasure. I have poor filters, and books I find stylistically pleasing tend to be depressing, so I need to do something about that; if you think you know a book that is very well written, but won't make me weep, please drop me a line.

Younger by the Day : 365 Ways to Rejuvenate Your Body and Revitalize Your Spirit - Victoria Moran I love everything about this book. Even though I'm in my early thirties, and it is clearly addressed to a post-40 audience, we all deserve to know a wise, health-conscious elder woman, who tells us what to change in our lives today to live a healthier, painless (or less painful), and more content life in 10, 20, 30, maybe 40 years' time. And while I do have a mother and a friend who subtly educate me on these matters, sometimes a book - an all-round guide - is what it takes to change a habit, buy salad greens more often, and consciously try to seek pleasure and peace.

This is a perfect gift to a woman you love, or to yourself. It guides you through seasons giving practical pointers and reminders when needed; if you know Lit from Within, consider Younger by the Day to be an advanced course.

Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald