I'm a GoodReads user testing new waters after the serious website changes. I mostly read fiction, usually Anglophone classics/ modern classics; I like nonfiction (mostly social and cultural history), good fantasy and graphic novels. For guilty pleasure, I read advice and how-to books. I made at least two reading resolutions recently; 1. read less, live more; 2. read books which give me more pleasure. I have poor filters, and books I find stylistically pleasing tend to be depressing, so I need to do something about that; if you think you know a book that is very well written, but won't make me weep, please drop me a line.

The House of Mirth

The House of Mirth - Edith Wharton, Nina Bawden I read this book calmly , but grimly, since at some point, after another frustrating event, I googled the ending and I found this text, among others - an interesting read), and overall would give this book 4 stars - simply because it is not as excellent narration- and scope-wise as The Age of Innocence, but the final chapters were exquisitely written. Hands down five stars.

Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald